Monday, April 11, 2011

Manny Ramirez; Do you think he really cares?

Manny Ramirez, the Dominican kid from New York, George Washington H.S. yes he made it big ! Became one of the greatest hitters of all time: 555 homers, over 1800 RBI's, .312 lifetime batting average, 2 World Series rings, for a 5-6 year stretch part of arguably one of best 1,2 punches of all-time....and let's not forget the $200 MILLION HE MADE.How much do you think is left ? So what did the phrase "Manny being Manny " really mean ? I'm ultra-talented, I'm a huge producer, I make things look easy, ...but I'm lazy, don't work hard,I'm irresponsible, unpredictable,don't care about anything , am aloof and happy go lucky? Probably all those things are true to some extent. He was only tolerated because of his "sheer numbers"! I don't know if I'm in the minority(especially as a Yankee fan), but I have always liked and respected him. So, to us fans and baseball purists this is a very sad culmination of a great career. He now will always be grouped with Pete Rose, Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds and Rafael Palmeiro. For better or for worse... The fans and writers seem to care....But at the end of the day, does Manny really care?

No comments:

Post a Comment