Monday, April 18, 2011

Knicks; Loss to Celts was Painful, but we now know We can Play Quality Playoff Basketball on the Road

I'd been looking forward to last's night's game for over a week. First playoff game in 7 years, first winning record in 10 years. All weekend I waited...Six games before ours. Yanks, rain, Kobe, upsets! Finally 7 0'clock Sunday night rolls around. Food ready, kids and wife appeased so they can't bother me. I hide in my upstairs tv room. First choice; Do I watch TNT where Marv Alpert is doing the game or MSG where Kenny Alpert(Marv's nephew) is doing game with Clyde Frazier. No brainer; I flip on TNT! So I'm wondering , how will Amare and Melo play in their first big Knick series? And Chauncey...? Well , my questions were answered quickly. The Knicks came out younger, stronger , more energetic and more athletic. And they decided to give Rondo "wide open shots". I like the same strategy for game 2 as well. We saw great, old-fashioned playoff hoops from Boston, and the Knicks almost went wire to wire. Did somebody say Ray Allen? The Knicks never folded, never withered, never choked, never succumbed to the pressure or intensity and nearly survived a horrible second half from Melo. Amare was far and away the best player on the court. In the end they lost a very tough game one on the road in front of a hostle crowd..But you know what ? They belong there! Should be fun Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment