Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Take the Last Train to Clarksville, And I'll Meet You at the Station, You Can Be Here by 4:30 Cause I've Made Your Reservation...Don't Be Slow..

Oh no, no , no".....Davy Jones, the heart-throb(British born) member of the original Monkees passed away at age 66 . Jones the only British born member of the group started with the group in 1966 . They were part of my childhood. Had a tv show too which won 2 Emmys.
I remember one of the happiest days of my young life was when my dad(whose law firm apparently had done some legal work for Don Kirschner) brought me home a black and white autographed picture of the "Monkees " .Signed by everyone. Had it taped (with scotch tape)to my bedroom wall for years! Man, how time flies.
Will always remember their theme song ," Hey, hey we're the Monkees, people say we monkey around , but we're too busy singing to put anybody downnnn....."
You will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment