Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Knicks get Carmelo; That's going to be one hot ticket!

Like any crazy knick fan I've been following the Carmelo soap opera. Somehow, subconsciously I was rooting against the Knicks getting him. Probably the fact that the Knicks had become competitive, young, energetic and most of all....fun to watch!
I saw Gallo's unlimited potential, Chandler's fine all-around game, the savy of the kid Fields...potential with the Russian and Felton playing at such a high level. But then again, they are still 28-26.
So when I woke up this morning, flipped on the radio and heard that" we got Melo " was I disappointed? To be honest, I found myself actually giving an outloud "fistpumping yes "! I think first and foremost I was relieved we kept Fields. Then I performed a quick analysis; we gave up Felton, got Chauncey...a wash for 2 years. We gave up Chandler...we weren't going to be able to keep him anyway. So it came down to Gallinari and Mozgov for Melo....a no-brainer for us!
Getting a superstar to join Amar'e every single night...well, that's fun stuff! The Garden will be sick if they win. No more easy tickets...Brokers in heaven. And at the end of the day, Melo, Amar'e, Fields , Chauncey and Turiaf as the starting five.
All I can say is the Knicks are extremely relevant again. Let's go knicks, lets go Knicks...

No comments:

Post a Comment