Friday, July 9, 2010

Keys to a Successful Attorney-Funder Relationship

I've been funding now for over five (5) years and I've built a lot of strong relationships with attorneys in New York and nationwide. Funding relationships should NEVER, EVER be taken for granted. I try to treat every deal, big or small, new customer or old with knowledge, respect, professionalism and a sense of urgency (even some humor-no extra cost). One thing though; I will always talk candidly with the attorney and I will never SUBMIT A DEAL I DON'T THINK WILL FUND[OR SHOULDN'T FUND]. I will , if the attorney requests it, send a nice "turn down " letter . I am also available nights and weekends via phone, fax, cell or email. [phones and faxes are forwarded to my house for 24 /7 service].
What do I expect from the attorney;
1. Honesty,
2. Cooperation in getting the the deal through,
3. Reasonable accessibility,
4. Responsiveness in obtaining statuses and
5. Timely remittance of monies upon settlement{* and of course good cases-lol].
It seems simple, and yes it can be. If the attorney is honest and cooperative I will go to the end of the earth to protect him/ her and push their deals through.

No comments:

Post a Comment