Saturday, July 10, 2010

How Do I Go About Getting Funding for My Trial Costs?

For all of you who are trying cases for a living it is not unusual to have to fork over $50,000 for trial expenses , the large majority for experts. To make matters worse, most experts have to be paid in advance{non-refundable} to have them "hold the slot " for you.
So how do we secure funding for you ? Since most funding companies will not and do not provide "pre-settlement funding " to attorneys(usually attorney funding is offered post-settlement) , we have to be a little bit creative. I will simply have you submit a generic "client funding " application, without specifying what the proceeds will be used for.
The funding request is then reviewed like any other request; and upon approval and funding you work things out with the client as to how proceeds will be used. Totally above board, " no harm, no foul".
Contact me, I'll walk you through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment