Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Life Without the NFL or NBA, Things Won't be So Bad !

Well, this is the first time I remember two professional sports having "lockouts " at the same time , Of course it's July and we're watching baseball, tennis , golf, soccer , WNBA and now "The Tour De France " . So no withdrawl symptoms yet.
I got to be honest with you, I love the NBA (Have the NBA package) and once it gets colder I look forward to the NFL . But without NBA hoops or NFL football , will that really change things a bit for me ? Not really.
First thing I would do is to shift gears and follow college football more closely. The networks would probably move things around and come up with Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night college football. You know what? People would realize they don't miss the NFL THAT MUCH!
As to hoops, it's a " no-brainer". College hoops is available 7 days a week as it is . Throw in some "Euro-hoops " and I'm good . Ron Artest is already talking about playing overseas as I'm sure scores of other players are too. The Europeans must be drooling!
You know , at the end of the day, you'll still be watching "quality athletics" from big time programs. Good stuff.
Maybe we all need a break from greedy-spoiled players and owners who continue to plead poverty every second of the day.
And this gives us all a perfect opportunity to get back in shape ourselves. To all the "weekend warriors "; Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment