Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Getting Emergency Room Records; Is This a Lost Art?

I'm continually surprised by attorney's responses when I request the ER records for funding purposes: "We requested them, but haven't received them yet". Obtaining the ER records is just as important as obtaining the initial incident reports, c2's, police accident or aided reports.
The ER records will contain a history, listing of initial complaints, references to "aob" etc. To me , I always wanted to get them before the carrier did to see initial complaints, check out the history and to see if the records raised any issues I had to be "ready to meet" down the road.
So to me when an attorney says "don't worry I have the treatment records and mri's; that's exactly when I begin to worry. Get the ER records and get them early!

No comments:

Post a Comment