Monday, November 26, 2012

Larry Hagman, "Macho Camacho " Pass Away..Have Clear Recollection of Each One!

 Over the holiday weekend , Larry Hagman(81) and  Hector "Macho " Camacho (age 50)  both passed. Larry  died of  cancer complications while  "Macho "  was declared " brain dead" from a gun shot wound he received to the face . Fifty, way too young!
    I  have lasting memories of each  for different reasons. Let me start with Hagman. While  he earned his international  acclaim starring  in Dallas,  my first memories were  from "I  Dream  of  Jeannie ". Hagman starred with the  beautiful Barbara Eden and Bill  Daly  in a sitcom that ran from 1965-1970. I was young, but loved the show  . I  remember  it was on at 4:00 , in reruns , weekday afternoons..(Right before Lost in Space).I would rush home from school, grab Ring Dings, Yodels, Twinkies or whatever and watch  TV from like 4-6 during the cold weather. Still have pretty vivid  memories even today.
   Now Camacho  was a different story. I  didn't necessarily love him, thought he danced too much  and didn't throw enough power punches, but he was entertaining, flamboyant and was skilled enough  to win titles in three separate weight divisions. Fought Leonard, Duran twice and  Chavez. Always broke, always in trouble . When I practiced law in the City I even had occasion to sue him in a crazy litigation involving Mike Marley. Camacho  was a product of the projects in Spanish Harlem!  His reckless lifestyle unfortunately caught up with him. He did give  a lot of people a lot of thrills!
   So having said all that; Larry, Hector may you rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment